[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3896)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3896)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3896)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4788: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3896)
UtahSportsmen.com • View topic - Tearing down Silver Lake Flat Res's Dam

Tearing down Silver Lake Flat Res's Dam

General Fishing Discussion, Questions about Fishing, Gear, Baits, Tips, Techniques

Tearing down Silver Lake Flat Res's Dam

by DallanC » Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:40 pm

Saw in the paper up american fork canyon, they are going to tear down the dam at Silver Lake Flat and rebuild it, increasing the lake by 5 acres. I guess the dam has exceeded its estimated lifetime and so they are going to rebuild it. They said they will net out any fish and move them to tibblefork... which to me is kindof stupid, every year they drain silverlake anyway and all but the brookies winterkill. So the current loss has been acceptable in the past, dont know why they would spend the effort to net and move fish but whatever. I hope it doesnt crash the brookie population there.

I also hope they still keep draining it in the winter, its a fantastic fun snowmobiling spot when drained each winter.

-DallanC
DallanC

Re: Tearing down Silver Lake Flat Res's Dam

by k2muskie » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:11 am

We never get skunked...its the fish that get skunked they just keep missing our lures....
k2muskie

by DallanC » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:26 am

DallanC

by DallanC » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:32 am

DallanC

by k2muskie » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:43 am

Thanks DallanC I will be sending an e-mail shortly to see why I was told this was illegal and maybe it has to do with the species of the fish and location to transplant as you indicated. But to me when some says "illegal" its illegal period dot. I'll letcha know what I find out. Didn't mean to hijack your thread.
We never get skunked...its the fish that get skunked they just keep missing our lures....
k2muskie

by k2muskie » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:06 am

Here's the reply I just received on my e-mail to Mr. Cushing about netting and moving fish in the article DallanC discussed and provided the link to:

"Good morning Kim.

I had an opportunity to discuss this article with our Central Region Aquatic Manager (Mike Slater) and our fish health folks last night at the RAC Meeting. I have been assured that the fish were not moved from Silver Lake into Tibble Fork.

Fish transfers from one water to another have to go through a fairly rigorous process. There is a health certification process that needs to be followed to assure that disease and aquatic nuisance critters are not transferred from one fishery to another. There are also political considerations that need to be addressed. So we have an approval process set up to that ends up on our Aquatic Section Chief's desk. In Utah there are private aquaculture owners that stock fish as well. The DWR believes that we need to hold ourselves and the private aquaculture folks to the same standards. They can't just move fish from anywhere and stock it anywhere without approval and neither can the DWR.

The DWR considers such an action very serious and If such a fish movement did take place without proper approval it would most certainly result in disciplinary action or perhaps even termination of the responsible employee.

I hope this helps. If you have any additional questions please let me know.

Thanks

Drew"
k2muskie

Return to Fishing Questions, Gear, Tips & Tricks and General Discussion