[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3896)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3896)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3896)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4788: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3896)
UtahSportsmen.com • View topic - Current Creek 12/27

Current Creek 12/27

River and Lake Fishing reports from around the state

Current Creek 12/27

by DallanC » Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:58 pm

FINALLY! I got to get on the hard deck! We decided to hit up a family favorite, current creek.

Got there at 9pm (yea we slept in a bit) and was worried we got there too late as I heard it turned off early. Talked to some guys already there, they had a few nibbles but no fish. We set up... nada. Started punching holes in different directions and moving rods. Most everyone around us kept moving farther and farther north until they rounded the bend and went out of sight. I put some holes in a bay, put a hole really close to shore. My boy ended up later sticking his rod in the one near shore and WHAM, hooked into a huge 20" FAT rainbow. He set up again and quickly got another strike. We figured the fish were right near to shore so we punched holes the same distance from shore up over about 50 yards across. By this time it was 12:30pm and it got hot! We suddenly got lots of hits and hookups, this kept up until about 2pm.

My boys pole was the hot one of the day and it constantly kept getting action. He hooked into a MONSTER rainbow that passed under the hole 2 or 3 times before it had enough and snapped the 6lb leader. I'd estimate it at over 4lbs. My wife later hooked into a similar large fish that did the same thing, couple close passes under the hole then *snap*. Just couldn't get their noses started up the holes. My boy landed one nice tiger, got it on ice where it promptly threw the hook flopped over and went right back in the hole. :confused:

In the end we iced 7, kept 5. 2 Large bows, 3 large Cuts. Smallest fish was 17" the rest at 18-19" and the big fat bow at 20". Pictures to follow when I get a minute to pull'em off the camera.

Fun day, nice and warm! 39 degrees according to the truck, caught some really nice trout and had a fun time. That's what its all about.

-DallanC
DallanC

Re: Current Creek 12/27

by Dunkem » Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:48 pm

Glad to hear you got out.Gonna try out the new smoker?
Dunkem
Dunkem

by DallanC » Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:42 pm

DallanC

by k2muskie » Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:34 pm

I'd say a very nice hard deck trip with family totally awesome and the grins show it all...glad CC treated you all with a FUNtastic time. Do tell how did the fish in the smoker turn out...??? If you used the smoker...someday I need to get one of them thingys...as that's the only way we like trout is smoked...all the same glad you and the family had a very nice outing nothing beats that as far as I'm concerned... ;) ;)
We never get skunked...its the fish that get skunked they just keep missing our lures....
k2muskie

by Huntoholic » Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:15 am

Great report, I love that place. Hoping to get up there soon....

How was the road?
Huntoholic

by DallanC » Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:19 pm

DallanC

Return to Fishing Reports