[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
UtahSportsmen.com • View topic - Wife gets a triple at Vernon

Wife gets a triple at Vernon

River and Lake Fishing reports from around the state

Wife gets a triple at Vernon

by Dunkem » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:13 pm

Just got back from Vernon res. Beautiful day,seen a golden eagle on the way ,so thought we were in for some luck.I started with hardware,flys,NOTHING, not even a bite :!: .Wife was using worm and cheese(you should see her rig,you wouldnt think a fish would even look at it :? But what do I know? She starts getting some nibbles,so I switch to my bait pole,and caught a small planter.She goes to the truck,and wham there goes her pole,she gets back and jerks it and snags and breaks off.Little later she pulls in a small trout looks like a bow,but has cut markings on the gills,cutbow?Next she pulls in a tiger.Never knew they had planted them.Her first tiger 13 inches . Next she says she has a snag,I told her snags dont move your line side to side,so she starts reeling and after about 2 minutes,I see she has a nice 15 inch brown.Well she is the champ,and I could not be happier :roll: Any way heres some pictures,I have got to get better with my camera.jpg[/attachment]
100_1124 (640x480).jpg
Her cutbow?
100_1124 (640x480).jpg (218.56 KiB) Viewed 3166 times

All in all a great day outdoors with my favorite fishing partner :D
Attachments
100_1123 (640x480).jpg
my only taker
100_1123 (640x480).jpg (218.39 KiB) Viewed 3166 times
100_1128 (640x480).jpg
Her brown
100_1128 (640x480).jpg (436.54 KiB) Viewed 3166 times
100_1126 (640x480).jpg
her tiger
100_1126 (640x480).jpg (400.59 KiB) Viewed 3166 times
Dunkem
Dunkem

Re: Wife gets a triple at Vernon

by DallanC » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:19 pm

Well done, looks like a great day to be out.

I'll tell you a secret about Tigers... they like "shade". Get out there on a bright sunny day in a boat and drop a worm down about 10-15ft below the boat in its shadow... just dead stick it. Tigers come up and sit in the shadow and hit the lines. Figured that out once, and we absolutely destroy them everytime we use that trick.

-DallanC
DallanC

Re: Wife gets a triple at Vernon

by k2muskie » Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:50 pm

Awesome...glad the wife got a hattrick. So how did you live that down?? LOL...also tid-bid TMs and large ones are the same way as DallanC stated with slimer-Tigers...they will follow your lure...don't take it and go under boat into the boats shadow...couple casts more...figure 8 boatside Whamo...or will leap out of water and scare the crapola out of ya...had this happen numerous times...boat shadows are a proven fish attracter especially larger fish...great job on gettin out...we're antsy and soon hopefully will be posting up some softwater trips ourselves. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
We never get skunked...its the fish that get skunked they just keep missing our lures....
k2muskie

Return to Fishing Reports