[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3896)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3896)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3896)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4788: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3896)
UtahSportsmen.com • View topic - Hi

Hi

New to the site? Introduce yourself!

Hi

by Martymcfly73 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:05 pm

Just registered and thought I would say hi. Born and raised in Utah County, I'm a Paramedic, love the outdoors. Love to fly fish and fish in general. I have 4 kids, who are usually in tow. I have a Wasatch west rifle tag so I'm excited for that after not getting one last year.
Martymcfly73

Re: Hi

by DallanC » Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:51 pm

DallanC

by Martymcfly73 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:08 pm

I mainly fish the provo, lower and middle since I live in cedar hills. Its close. I'll hit the inlet to tibble fork soon for the spawning browns around the deer hunt. That's fun if you haven't tried it. I'll make an occasional trip to the green and strawberry. Its tough in the summer ti fish the berry w/o a boat. Im ready to head out though and catch some red kokes.
Martymcfly73

by DallanC » Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:06 pm

Tibble used to be a REALLY fun lake until that flood that filled it with silt. It used to be quite deep but no more. I always wished the Forest Circus would allow them to drain it and one of the gravel companies dig it back down then refill it.

Silver Lake Flat is really fun with a fly rod in about mid-May, use something orange like an egg sack and fish the incoming water. People overlook the spillway too, big brookies hang out right on the edge of it when its full.

You are right about the berry this time of year. It becomes a rather unforgiving place during the late summer until the fall hard-frost starts up. I find fish school up in smaller areas which are harder to find. You find them its awesome fishing but finding them can be a royal pain sometimes taking hours. I usually find them out far from shore over deep cool water. Then we get the fall turnover which messes with the lake... its a never ending cycle, but we've figure enough of it out we usually do good every time we go out, no matter the time of year.

-DallanC
DallanC

Return to Introductions