[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3896)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3896)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3896)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4788: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3896)
UtahSportsmen.com • View topic - Frustrated!

Frustrated!

Questions and Discussion on Firearms, Sights, Shooting etc

Frustrated!

by DallanC » Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:25 pm

So I cashed in all the brownie points I've been saving up with the wife and ordered a sweet new Stag 6l AR-15 rifle. This is the Left Handed target rifle, it comes with a 24" bull barrel and is guaranteed .5 MOA. I've wanted one for quite some time but with the recent gun craze, prices have been at ridiculous levels. That changed recently though and prices currently are lower than they were pre-craze.

Anyway long story short, I won one from BudsGunShop off Gunbroker.com. I received confirmation on 1/21 that they received my stores FFL. Payment was marked as received on 1/24, and they said they would be shipping the gun in the new few days.

Scope and mounts already arrived... just sitting on the bench ready to go.

Yesterday, I got a phone call from them and they said there was a "inventory error" and they don't have one in stock and will have to order it! Ridiculous! I happened to notice on Gunbroker that they have listed even more rifles of the same model for the same price... KNOWING they don't have any in stock! IMO that is absolutely poor service. You just don't sell things in an AUCTION you don't actually have in hand. :confused:

They said they reordered on the 28th, and it will be 3-4 days before they get them in hand, then a few more days before it ships out. Really annoying. Hopefully it does show up in the next week or two... but I'm considering a strongly worded review of their service once all of this concludes. "thumbsdown:

-DallanC
DallanC

Re: Frustrated!

by rspeters » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:21 am

That's too bad. It doesn't surprise me though, in the few dealings I've had with Bud's Gun Shop, I haven't been impressed.
rspeters

by DallanC » Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:28 pm

Got an email today: "Your order is now in the shipping department. "

Possible it could ship out soon.

-DallanC
DallanC

by rspeters » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:06 am

Good to hear. I think it was only a year or two ago that Bud's actually started stocking guns at their place of business. Before that they would just have the guns drop-shipped from the wholesaler or manufacturer.
rspeters

by DallanC » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:56 am

I got emailed a tracking # last night, estimated delivery will be Monday unfortunately (wish I could have picked it up Saturday... but it might come in early, who knows). Anyway I'm really surprised the gun was as cheap as it was, I really expected them to say it was a listing error or something. It was $300 below the quoted price on Stag's website.

This is what it looks like, should be bad coyote medicine!

-DallanC
Last edited by DallanC on Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
DallanC

by rspeters » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:28 am

That's a pretty gun. What optics are you going to put on it? Any idea what kind of trigger it has?
rspeters

by DallanC » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:13 pm

DallanC

by rspeters » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:44 pm

Nice, that Nikon P223 is tempting. What scope mounts did you go with? I like the 1:8 twist too....that's what mine has, and it seems just about right.
rspeters

by DallanC » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:35 am

DallanC

by rspeters » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:35 pm

Cool, sounds like it's going to be a nice gun.
rspeters

Return to Firearms