[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3896)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3896)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3896)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4788: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3896)
UtahSportsmen.com • View topic - Lost in Pineview FOG

Lost in Pineview FOG

Discussion on Ice Fishing

Lost in Pineview FOG

by k2muskie » Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:20 pm

Had another date with Dubob and Big Earl. Met up for breakfast at Beez in Roy then off to 'da' view and the Port Ramp to launch off from. OMG the fog. It was HORRIBLE. Lucky Dubob :ladysman: had his GPS and we got our bearing via technology note from the pics you can't see any backgound at all.

It was insane to say the least. I can now see and have the UTMOST RESPECT for getting disoriented in FOG when out in the wilderness. And PV isn't that big and WE FISH IT and know it like the back of our hand (as most of you probably know) except when you can't see any landmarks...you can't see anything more than 25' in front of you...what a whole different prespective for sure. :shock:

Here's a few pics of Dubob and the GPS finding our way. We were wandering for like 30-45 minutes on the snowmobiles. RESPECT for FOG is a big take away lesson and make sure to ALWAYS bring a GPS with you. :oops:

PV Fog Breakout GPS.jpg

PV Fog Breakout GPS-1.jpg

Once we somewhat found where we wanted to be it was non-stop action and I mean non-stop Perch Jerk'n...between 4 of us we had to have caught well over 400 plus Perch it was the entire time of catching...no ideal time at all. Only break one got was taking the line out of the ice hole. Once the NASTY FOG somewhat lifted not entirely mind you I was able to point out to Dubob the area of Crappie Magic. A little while later he packed up and headed to that location I pointed out. Told him were to go and FOW to find we just stayed where we were at...well he motors back on the snowmobile roughly and hour later with a BIG GRIN and I asked well did you find any Crappie he pulled out a very nice 10" Crappie and said he missed a whole lot of Crappie hits. He also got some nice keeper size Perch from this area. It was yet again a FANTASTIC time and a whole lot of fun yet again with these very fine gents...lots of laughs for sure. We did find larger Perch in the area we stayed at some pushing 9" but most were 7.5-8".

Dubob posing for a shot upon packing it up and calling it a great fishing day on Pineview:

Dubob.jpg

Here's a pic of the Pile-O-Perch we filleted and bagged.

Pile Awaiting Fillet.jpg

Partner was in tent just-a-laughing and videoing Perch. Here's some video footage I uploaded to youtube. Quality isn't the greatest for some reason but on computer quality is awesome...you'll get the jest of the videos I'm sure.

Perch Jerk'n:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qISINcWP6u0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CjFEcjmNQY

Schools of Perch so can you see why it was literally non-stop Perch Jerk'n.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odGka8uJ_VY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnTAjqFzrGI

Again what a wonderful day out on Pineview minus the HORRIBLE fog that lasted until noon and then opened up a little. But we caught fish and shared the experience with two great guys. Will be doing it again soon with Dubob and Big Earl so until next report...TIGHT LINES!! ;) ;)
We never get skunked...its the fish that get skunked they just keep missing our lures....
k2muskie

Re: Lost in Pineview FOG

by Dunkem » Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:57 pm

The videos are outstanding :!: That is a mess of fish.
Dunkem
Dunkem

by dubob » Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:59 am

Speaking on behalf of myself and Big Earl, we couldn't have been fearsome confused with a better group of folks. :D

The fishing was indeed non-stop. We were supposed to make a trip to Starvation with another fine group of folks but canceled out Thursday evening due to existing weather conditions here in the valley and expected overnight into Friday. The Starvation group got into some fine fishing and iced some really nice 10 inchers and above. But what we missed in quality, we more than made up for in quantity on "Da View." Here is Kim about midway through the day with about half of her catch for the day.

And here is Kay taking a break from her videoing sessions and checking out Big Earls success.

Great times with great folks. Does it get any better than this?

Life is good.
[/color]
dubob

by DallanC » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:54 pm

That looks like a GREAT day on the ice. Big ole mess of fish! I liked the bone handled fillet knife too :)

How did that new camera work out?

-DallanC
DallanC

by k2muskie » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:41 am

We never get skunked...its the fish that get skunked they just keep missing our lures....
k2muskie

by DallanC » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:15 am

Camera's are sure fun. Even when things arent biting you can usually see them down there. Makes for a great teaching aid to test different jigging techniques and lure presentation.

-DallanC
DallanC

by bwhntr » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:54 pm

I have been enjoying K2's perch reports from PV so much that I decided to head up with my daughters. We headed up Sunday Feb 3 for a beautiful, sunny day of relaxing and catching fish. We drove out to Cemetary and fished the North side. Plenty of ice and no slush this time. The perch and crappie were nice enough to play and we had pretty good action. Atomic ants tipped with wax worms were on the menu and my daughters had a blast.

BTW...Thanks again K2 for the indicators. They still work great!
Attachments
20130203_123223_resized.jpg
20130203_123223_resized.jpg (50.67 KiB) Viewed 9228 times
20130203_111435_resized.jpg
20130203_111435_resized.jpg (51.82 KiB) Viewed 9228 times
20130203_113054_resized.jpg
20130203_113054_resized.jpg (56.67 KiB) Viewed 9228 times
bwhntr

by DallanC » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:58 pm

Wow what a nice day. Looks like they had a great time out there.

You totally need a stick btw... a big ole heavy stick to beat off the guys with daughters like that :)

-DallanC
DallanC

by bwhntr » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:46 am

You are so correct! It is turning into a full time job interviewing (interrogating) and running off all the walking idiots that think they want to "hang out". This one is my buddy's son, but I keep a very close eye on him.

Funny story, he called a couple weeks ago asking what I was doing. I told him, and he asked if he could come hang out. I said "sure, come on over!" After he told me he would be over shortly I let him know the girls aren't home and wouldn't be all night. Lol...He says, "oh, ummm...ok. Well, maybe I will still come over" Haha, he never showed up. Apparently I'm not cute enough. :)
Attachments
20130203_111350_resized.jpg
The kid does know how to catch fish though. 8)
20130203_111350_resized.jpg (56.57 KiB) Viewed 9219 times
bwhntr

by k2muskie » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:19 am

k2muskie

Next

Return to Ice Fishing