Youth hunt

Discussions related to Waterfowl Hunting & Viewing

Youth hunt

by Greenhead 2 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:05 am

I have opened a new club in central Utah, between gunnison and manti. I am putting on a youth a hunt for a limited number of hunters. Each group will be hunting their own area, you. wont be hunting with people you don't know, your kid will not feel rushed, you will have your own blind on separate water. Go to my website and look at youth hunt, also holding a dove hunt September 1st. Go here
http://sanpitchuplandandwaterfowlhunts.webs.com/ any questions call me at 4358967744, Chris.
Greenhead 2
Lurker
Lurker

Re: Youth hunt

by DallanC » Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:24 pm

How did the youth hunt go for you? Had I known how crappy our normal spot in the west desert was going to be I'd have come down with my boy. It was mighty depressing how few doves we found out there. Last year we had 3-400 come through so it was constant pass shooting. What a difference a year makes.

Hope they stuck around for you guys!

-DallanC
DallanC

Re: Youth hunt

by Greenhead 2 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:36 pm

My Saturday group showed up friday night and camped in their trailers. Had a campfire and said they heard coyotes and chukar all night. They got a few, but were not real serious about hunting. They brought their little kids and wives along also. They fished awhile, then I took them coyote hunting Saturday evening, they decided to also camp Saturday night.

My other group showed up Sunday morning. The guy had his fiancee and two nephews, those three had just passed hunter safety and he came to me for their first hunt. A big storm came in Saturday afternoon and the birds were in the heavy tamarack, they shot a lot of shots, but only got two I think. It was fast shooting in thick cover. They fished, swam the river and then went and shot my barn pigeons. They had a blast and can't wait to come back.

They all commented on the chukar and geese. I then gave some quick tours to each group. I had a couple guys from the gutpile down helping me also install ne trusses, they really liked the place. One guy camped for several days. It was a great time, my wife cooked up some great pulled pork sandwiches, bbq beans, cornbread and brownies.

The second group has booked a youth waterfowl hunt, still have room for two groups, this also includes a chukar hunt. The first group is also booking the opener in october for ducks and geese and I have a two groups spots left for that.
Greenhead 2
Lurker
Lurker

Return to Waterfowl