[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3896)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3896)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3896)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4788: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3896)
UtahSportsmen.com • View topic - New member? Introduce yourself!

New member? Introduce yourself!

New to the site? Introduce yourself!

Re: New member? Introduce yourself!

by Goldeneye » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:04 am

I'm a young city kid with a passion for all things outdoors. I always tagged along with dad on his rifle deer and elk hunts as a kid. When my brother graduated hunter's safety, he convinced Dad to take up waterfowl hunting. While I still enjoy big game hunts, I find most enjoyment hunting ducks in the marsh. I've only been hunting for five years, and I still have a lot to learn, but I know that I'll be a waterfowl hunter for the rest of my life.

In the spring and summer, I can be found fishing anywhere from community ponds to large reservoirs to high mountain lakes. I come from a family of trout purists, but I find enjoyment in catching (and especially eating) warmwater species as well.

I love most things about Utah, and I have a lot of fun learning about it and exploring it. I recently bought a nice camera and I'm excited to see what I can do with it.

I'm looking forward to participating in this forum and seeing it grow.
Goldeneye
Lurker
Lurker

by DallanC » Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:20 pm

Welcome Goldeneye!

Your name and passion for ducks seems familiar somehow (kidding). Goldeneye is one species I never got lucky enough to get (that and a woody). My boy is 11 this year and I am planning an outing for the youth waterfowl day. A high mountain lake we like to fish has a nice population of summer ducks and geese. He am confident he stands a great chance of bagging a limit.

Utah gets known for hunting but truth be told, our fishing outclasses hunting here, especially for trout. There are countless great places that hold trout of all sizes and species. I grew up targeting trout myself but in recent years I've really made a push to learn Kokanee fishing. Something about catching wild salmon in the middle of a desert state is appealing hehe. We are pretty consistant at catching them lately, hopefully the populations will stay strong.

Anyway I do welcome you to the site, its steadily growing as word gets around. I hope this place will be alot more relaxed and fun than some of the other sites out there. If you have any suggestions to make it better just hollar.

-DallanC
DallanC

by RBoomK » Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:42 am

Just found the site. Look forward to sharing and learning here. I'm from beautiful (to me) Southeastern Utah, and enjoy anything to do with the outdoors.
RBoomK
Lurker
Lurker

by Dunkem » Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:25 pm

Dunkem
Dunkem

by DallanC » Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:59 pm

DallanC

by RBoomK » Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:57 pm

Thanks for the welcome. Joe's Valley is a pretty nice reservoir, the Tiger Muskies are starting to get some size on them, and there are some really nice Splake. It gets some pretty heavy pressure on extended weekends. Huntington Creek used to be an awesome place to go, but the fires this summer have made it a disaster area through most of the canyon. Further south, you can get into the Fishlake area, but I haven't been down that way for quite some time.
RBoomK
Lurker
Lurker

by PACKFAN » Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:50 pm

I'm a new member to this site and would like to say hi to everyone. Some of you will know me from other sites. I'm retired A.F. and currently employed at H.A.F.B. I love to fish and hunt. My favorite hunting and fishing partner is my wife of 45 years. we love to archery hunt for elk and fish for walleye. I grew up in Northern Wis. and she grew up in Mt. Home Idaho. We are avid Green Bay Packer and Utah Blaze fans. I'm planning on leaving this Thurs. for a trip up to C.J. Strike in Idaho ice fishing to fish for perch for several days. A friend of ours, k2muskie, referred me to the site. I will be looking forward to viewing this site frequently and meeting some of the members.
PACKFAN

by Dunkem » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:09 pm

:howdy: Welcome,glad to have more interesting folks getting on here.
Dunkem
Dunkem

Previous

Return to Introductions