[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3896)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3896)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3896)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4788: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3896)
UtahSportsmen.com • View topic - Going Lot Sticker Shock Shopping Tomorrow

Going Lot Sticker Shock Shopping Tomorrow

Trucks, Cars, Accessories, Questions and Discussions

Going Lot Sticker Shock Shopping Tomorrow

by k2muskie » Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:08 pm

Almost made the plunge last year...decided to hold off and work on paying the house off...doing wonderful on that...now its time to take potentially the dive for a new vehicle. Haven't pre-qualified and hopefully will spend a few early morning Saturdays looking at the big three for a truck...Dodge, Chevy, Ford. We've had all 3 makes and have been pleased. Looking at a 250 gas in these makes...so we shall see...but for all practical purposes will be the last new vehicle hoping we ever purchase. Will keep ya posted. ;) ;)
We never get skunked...its the fish that get skunked they just keep missing our lures....
k2muskie

Re: Going Lot Sticker Shock Shopping Tomorrow

by DallanC » Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:33 pm

Good luck! Sounds like fun. My '05 GMC quad cab hits 19.5mpg on the highway at 75mph ... amazing for a 6,000lb truck. New ones are sure nice, can be pricey though, I cant believe what some of those rigs sell for. More than some houses used to cost!

-DallanC
DallanC

by k2muskie » Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:12 am

Spent little over 2 hours on a lot yesterday test drove 3 vehicles. I just can't see getting a diesel as its 8-10K more in price including higher $$ for fuel and the maintenance costs. Left to come home and do some more consumer market research. Leaning strongly towards the Dodge Ram 2500 Laramie 5.7 Hemi eas engine. So Need to find the 3.73 or 4.10 rear axle though. So we shall see if the dealership can find that vehicle. Tried to persuade us to downsize to a 1500 but after researching saw the towing capacity was 8300 lbs on the 1500 with I believe the 3.55 rear axle...if this is going to be my last vehicle I want no regrets especially if I upgrade my trailer down the road after the truck purchase. So will be searching for the 2500 gas in the Laramie package.
We never get skunked...its the fish that get skunked they just keep missing our lures....
k2muskie

by DallanC » Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:07 am

I thought all trucks with a "tow package" have the 3:73 gears... maybe thats just Chevy. Also see if you can get one with a limited slip rear end, it makes a HUGE difference in slick stuff... or when trailering on dirt roads even in 2x4.

Good luck with your shopping, hope you find what you are looking for

-DallanC
DallanC

by k2muskie » Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:52 pm

We looked and took several test drives various vehicles at a dealership listening to them trying to push us into another vehicle...test driving gave us a good feel for what we wanted. Said after our visit we may be back in touch. So went home and searched the internet, no dealership in Utah had the vehicle we wanted. We wanted 'no' regrets as we wanted the vehicle we wanted and not to be pushed into something with regrets. So spent until 9PM last Saturday after test driving and Sunday scouring the internet. Almost came to the realization the truck we wanted couldn't be found, even though the Dodge Ram main page indicated it was possible...note I said almost...mid day on Sunday looking in Idaho found Dave Smith Motors in Kellogg, ID and OMG they have everything including the vehicle we wanted...so long story very short after sending a notification e-mail Sunday...Monday morning I get a phone call from Dave Smith Motors Sales Consulant Trevor and the rest is now history...oh and the window sticker on their site is not the price its lower...so with that being said heres the vehicle we're headed up to get and drive back:

Bright White 2012 Dodge Ram 2500 5.7L Hemi V8 4x4 Crew Cab rear axle 3.73 towing capacity 10,300 lbs Laramie Longhorn Special Edition with more bling do-dads that will take me a while to figure out but I'm sure my Son and Daughter will be happy to help us out...So come Friday flying to Spokane being picked up by the Dave Smith Motors Suttle and taken directly to dealership to meet face to face with Trevor who've we talked to on the phone and internet all this week we will be signing all the paperwork, being shown all the features and working to learn them then and driving back to Utah. Trevor told us to plan on 3-possibly 5 hours at the dealership. Now mind you the financing is all done...its them ensuring we are comfortable with our new truck purchase.

Talked with several folks at work and they all are Utah residents stated oh yea Dave Smith Motors in Kellogg, ID prices can't be beat and have many testimonals of friends and family members who have purchased vehicles from this Dealership.

So more to follow when we arrive home with no issues and safely on Saturday... ;) ;)
k2muskie

by DallanC » Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:17 pm

Fantastic news! Post some pictures when you get'er home :) I LOVE driving a new truck... unfortunately its been a long time since I did, and its going to be alot more years till I can do it again hehe.

-DallanC
DallanC

by dubob » Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:39 am

[/color]
dubob

by k2muskie » Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:40 am

Yes dreams do come true...will keep this short picked up the truck Friday and drove it straight home...arrived home SAFELY and uneventful at 0130 AM Saturday Morning. Yep if one can and looking for a vehicle I'D STRONGLY RECOMMEND Dave Smith Motors in Kellogg, ID...we have our vehicle WITH NO REGRETS. Now just have to figure out all the electronics and working on that part.

Bright White Ram 2500 Hemi 5.7L V8 Laramine Longhorn Special Edition. 6-Speed Automatic 66RFE Transmission. 3.73 Rear Axle. Limited-Slip Differential Rear Axle. 34 Gallon Fuel Tank and a gazillion other things heres just a few... Uconnect(R) 730N Sat/CD/DVD/MP3/HDD/Nav, Back up camera, GPS Nav system SiriusXM everything, Blue tooth....and we're working on getting the garage door programmed.

Alls we can say is purchasing this truck was the easiest vehicle purchase we've ever made...no hassling and an overall awesome purchase and we've never had that when we've purchased any other vehicle...on a scale of 1-10 Dave Smith Motors in Kellogg, ID is a 10++++++++++++++++++++

Went to Sam T. Evans yesterday and ordered a truck cap for it...will be 2-3 weeks for that to come in and will take pics once thats installed.

Here's pictures:

Note: Have to click on pictures to get full picture: (I'll get this picture stuff figured out)

Front.jpg
Front.jpg (130.52 KiB) Viewed 175456 times

Drivers Side.jpg
Drivers Side.jpg (82.02 KiB) Viewed 175456 times

Passenger.jpg
Passenger.jpg (115.24 KiB) Viewed 175456 times

Under Hood.jpg
Under Hood.jpg (133.69 KiB) Viewed 175456 times

Bed Liner.jpg
Bed Liner.jpg (121.77 KiB) Viewed 175456 times

Trailering hooksups.jpg
Trailering hooksups.jpg (103.34 KiB) Viewed 175456 times

Under Rear Seat Storage.jpg
Under Rear Seat Storage.jpg (125.08 KiB) Viewed 175456 times

Rear Inside Storage.jpg
Rear Inside Storage.jpg (110.31 KiB) Viewed 175456 times

Rear Inside.jpg
Rear Inside.jpg (104.06 KiB) Viewed 175456 times

Inside of Front.jpg
Inside of Front.jpg (102.2 KiB) Viewed 175456 times

Front Inside.jpg
Front Inside.jpg (130.03 KiB) Viewed 175456 times

Open Drivers Side.jpg
Open Drivers Side.jpg (127.2 KiB) Viewed 175456 times

Needless to say we are very pleased with this purchase and if we ever want another vehicle we will be going back to Dave Smith Motors for the purchase. Their prices can't be beat and if you want it I'll gurantee they have it on one of their many lots in Kellogg...totally amazing is all's we can really say...amazing...

;) ;)
k2muskie

by DallanC » Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:34 pm

Wow that is really nice! Glad you found "the truck". My brother in law has one that is almost identical, 'cept his is black. Really nice trucks, I am impressed with how Dodge is making them these days.

-DallanC
DallanC

Return to Trucks and Cars