[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3896)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3896)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3896)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4788: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3896)
UtahSportsmen.com • View topic - Hello

Hello

New to the site? Introduce yourself!

Hello

by 68w » Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:30 am

Hello all. I'm from Michigan and here in Utah visiting a friend. Like your site. Back home our sportsman site is bigger but you all seem to openly help one another out. Giving gps cords to help a guy out. I love it.
Anyway about me, I'm a medic in the army reserves and work as crew in the commercial film industry. when I'm not doing that im training retrievers all summer then hunting and fishing . I mess around with bass and whatnot in the summer but my fishing love is in the salmonoids. Then ther is waterfowl,bow both trad and compound,all the small game,and upland. Love being in the field and if I can take one of my dogs with I love it more.

Keep your aim true,your points sharp,and your lines tight.

Dave
68w
Lurker
Lurker

Re: Hello

by DallanC » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:03 pm

Welcome to the site! How is the whitetail deer hunting where you are?

-DallanC
DallanC

by 68w » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:05 am

well just before i came to utah my buddy (after being tolled to take a doe) took a 110" year and a half old buck. had 2 140s running around my property 2 years ago. hunting here is very different that utah. it was an eye opener when i was there to see the way you hunt deer. i would love a chance at your big game grand slam. all we have is white tail, black bear, (very few) elk. but the fishing is not to bad here. both urban and middle of no where. if you are ever planing a trip out this way let me know, i have a place to stay not far from "the holy water".
check out the michigan sportsman forum. i have the same name there.

dave
68w
Lurker
Lurker

by DallanC » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:38 pm

Elk is easy to get tags for here, killing is a different story. We have alot of species but long waits for tags. My wife drew a Mt Goat tag this year after a 17 year wait... it was a extremely fun hunt to go along with and she got a dandy.

Look into landowner cow elk tags in the state, they are easier to get and much easier to harvest than public lands.

-DallanC
DallanC

by greatwindowsss » Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:22 pm

I'm also new here and I'm looking forward to learn from you guys.

I'm happy to be part of this community :party:

greatwindowsss

by DallanC » Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:53 pm

Welcome.

-DallanC
DallanC

Return to Introductions