[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3896)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3896)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3896)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4788: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3896)
UtahSportsmen.com • View topic - Deer creek

Deer creek

River and Lake Fishing reports from around the state

Deer creek

by Schaueelab » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:27 pm

Well with all the slush on the Berry, went to Deer creek Sunday
Ice is a good 6 ft from the shoreline but once your on the ice it's still a good12" thick. Fishing was slow but it was good to get out
Schaueelab
Lurker
Lurker

Re: Deer creek

by k2muskie » Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:53 pm

a bit late on a post to your adventure...getting out no matter the catching is what its all about. I'm sure you had a nice time no matter if the fish'n wasn't fast and furious. As for us, any day of fishing is better than any day at work or sitting around wishing and daydreaming about being fishing. ;) ;)
We never get skunked...its the fish that get skunked they just keep missing our lures....
k2muskie

by DallanC » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:59 am

Deer creek is one of those "bad habit" lakes. I love to fish there but more often than not its slow going. The few rare times fishing is really hot, its spectacular. I love just after ice off in a boat trolling between rainbow bay and the marina. Have had days trolling 5 poles and all 5 have fish on, big fish.

Unfortunate it wasn't hotter for you. With this warm weather the ice should melt off quickly.

-DallanC
DallanC

by rspeters » Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:50 pm

I just can't get excited about Deer Creek. I've never had much success there. By the time I get to Deer Creek, it's hard not to just continue on up to Strawberry.
rspeters

by DallanC » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:04 pm

DallanC

by rspeters » Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:25 pm

Are you referring to Currant Creek? I've never been there, but have been hoping to go soon.
rspeters

by DallanC » Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:15 pm

DallanC

by rspeters » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:57 pm

I used to live in Duchesne during the summer times several years ago and Starvation was never known for its fishing, at least that I knew of. When I moved back to Utah a year and a half ago, I was quite surprised to hear about Starvation as a good trout lake...I thought the person telling me that was crazy. I guess it has changed quite a bit since back then.
rspeters

by keshymarkyz » Tue May 22, 2018 12:43 am

It was trending with those casting deer one
keshymarkyz

by keshymarkyz » Tue May 22, 2018 12:44 am

keshymarkyz

Return to Fishing Reports