Strawberry 08/01

River and Lake Fishing reports from around the state

Strawberry 08/01

by DallanC » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:31 pm

Hit the 'Berry this morning with my Dad and Son, enjoying the time off from work. On the water at 7am, off at 10:30am when the wind started to pickup. Fishing was slow at first but it steadily picked up as we neared "the hot spot". Knew we found it when 3 poles went nuts with Kokanee and nice fat rainbows hooked up. We made 6 more circles through that spot and each time we would get multiple hookups. Kept 8 for dinners. Had one of the largest Kokanee for dinner tonight, they are by far one of the best table fair fish in Utah IMO, especially when fresh.

Sadly my boy hooked into a huge Cutt that was just shy of being outside the slot... released him to grow a tad more for our next trip up there. We enjoyed some great aerial acrobatics from the Kokes, one of them seemed to want to spend more time out of the water than in it. Lots of fun.

Kokes were at 35-40ft, bigger bows at 45ft. Pink assassins were the hottest rigs. Trolled at 1.4mph

Nice day, nice weather and nice fish. Cant ask for more than that.

-DallanC
DallanC

Re: Strawberry 08/01

by k2muskie » Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:20 am

Outstanding DallanC enjoying your time off from the dreaded dirty-four letter word that starts with a "W". Thats what I'm talking about yet another 'berry-nice' and productive outing for you and the family. I'll have to disagree withcha on one thing though... :P ...Walleye, Perch and Crappie are the best freshly caught fish table fare in Utah...I do like Koke's though as folks have donated to us...but our household fav-3 are the ones I've mentioned...again glad you're getting out and enjoying with family doesn't get any better than that IMO. :) ;)
We never get skunked...its the fish that get skunked they just keep missing our lures....
k2muskie

Return to Fishing Reports