Proud Mama!!!

River and Lake Fishing reports from around the state

Proud Mama!!!

by k2muskie » Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:56 am

My son has become addicted to fly fishing ever since I got him a custom made fly rod last year for his 21st birthday. He's reading and researching all kinds of information on fly fishing and basically teaching himself. Called me this past Thursday very excited as he just landed the largest Brown he's ever gotten. After the phone call when he got home told me he caught two very nice ones and a small rainbow somewhere on the Weber at his special place. Good for him so needless to say I'm a proud Mama that he's really enjoying fishing...

Chris Brown-1.jpg
Chris Brown-1.jpg (146.93 KiB) Viewed 1398 times

Yet Another.JPG

Chris Brown.JPG

Brown Release.jpg

:D :D
We never get skunked...its the fish that get skunked they just keep missing our lures....
k2muskie

Re: Proud Mama!!!

by Dunkem » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:38 am

Nice fish,nice rod 8-)
Dunkem
Dunkem

by DallanC » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:06 pm

Great fish! I love big river browns. Grew up with them as my "goto" fish. Next he'll want to get a small fly tying kit so he can tie and match hatches on the river :). I'm trying hard to get my boy into it... he has a rough time with line placement around brush and gets frustrated. But all-in all he does have some fun with it. Caught a few last year and had alot of fun.

-DallanC
DallanC

by k2muskie » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:22 pm

DallanC wrote:Great fish! I love big river browns. Grew up with them as my "goto" fish. Next he'll want to get a small fly tying kit so he can tie and match hatches on the river :). -DallanC

LOL he's already talking about getting his own fly tying kit...maybe for his birthday later this year if he doesn't get one before than. Any recommendations on a basic quality kit for him??
We never get skunked...its the fish that get skunked they just keep missing our lures....
k2muskie

by DallanC » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:34 pm

k2muskie wrote:
DallanC wrote:Great fish! I love big river browns. Grew up with them as my "goto" fish. Next he'll want to get a small fly tying kit so he can tie and match hatches on the river :). -DallanC

LOL he's already talking about getting his own fly tying kit...maybe for his birthday later this year if he doesn't get one before than. Any recommendations on a basic quality kit for him??

Saw Sportsmans had their $50 kit on sale for $29 in last nights ad, I dont know the quality of it.

-DallanC
DallanC

Return to Fishing Reports