[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3896)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3896)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3896)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4788: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3896)
UtahSportsmen.com • View topic - Ah YES Planning Beginning...

Ah YES Planning Beginning...

Discussion on Ice Fishing

Ah YES Planning Beginning...

by k2muskie » Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:00 pm

Had such an awesome time at Lake Cascade last hard deck season planning two if not more trips come 2014 God willing and Mama Nature cooperates. Never caught Perch that large in my life...UNBELIEVABLE...and based on intel I'm reading and getting it will be another awesome Perchzilla fest at this body of water... :D :D
We never get skunked...its the fish that get skunked they just keep missing our lures....
k2muskie

Re: Ah YES Planning Beginning...

by DallanC » Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:06 pm

I'm still ticked I had to miss most of last years season. This year I'm going to fish a ton, and I am planning already as well!

Yea those were monster perch, seemed like good numbers of them too... usually large perch = reduced populations but it didnt seem this is the case there. Good luck, get one of those popup tents (I use a 6 man, it is SOOOOO roomy inside) and a Big Buddy heater. Its way fun in a tent, with all the light around you, being in the dark you can see sooo far down into the water. Can see your line move before you even feel a strike.

Hopefully you stocked up on gear when the spring clearance happened :)

-DallanC
DallanC

by k2muskie » Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:24 am

Sure hope you can get out this upcoming hard deck season...I didn't take advantage of the clearances unfortunately but will be potentially looking at upgrading the ole gas auger and even though we did get a buy on the Hummingbirds may put one up for sale and look at another Vexilar...thinking we have all the ice fish'n do-dads...but can't wait to go to Cascade again this year that place was the ticket for us hands down...wish the DWR would look at what Idaho has done WRT Perch fishing in Utah...I know wishful thinking on my part... ;) ;)
We never get skunked...its the fish that get skunked they just keep missing our lures....
k2muskie

by k2muskie » Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:55 am

Found a smoking deal on e-bay and dropped the hammer on a new in the box Vexilar FL20...gotta love e-bay waiting to get this flasher...have one Humminbird Ice 55 sold and another sale pending on either the Vexilar FL12 or other Humminbird Ice 55 we have.

Now to scour Al Gore's intersnit for a Strikemaster with Honda engine....teeheehee...gotta love free shipping and no sales tax...oh and I have to say I love spending my kids inhertiance... :hahaha: :D :D
k2muskie

by DallanC » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:40 pm

What are the features of the new FL20? How wide of a cone to they shoot out?

-DallanC
DallanC

by k2muskie » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:16 am

k2muskie

Return to Ice Fishing