Flaming Gorge

Discussion on Ice Fishing

Flaming Gorge

by bwhntr » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:40 am

We headed up to the gorge on Saturday, 2/9/2013. Went upstream past Lucerne into Wyoming. The lake trout pups were up for playing, and we had a great time. We fished in 108' of water with white jigs tipped with sucker meat. Good action most of the day. Also caught 2 burbot.

Ice is about 8" thick.
bwhntr

Re: Flaming Gorge

by k2muskie » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:30 am

Now that sounds like a fun time and to boot you got some of those snake looking fish :yuck: LOL. One of these days or years we'll just have to visit the Gorge and try our hand at fishing there. ;) ;)
We never get skunked...its the fish that get skunked they just keep missing our lures....
k2muskie

by bwhntr » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:19 am

It is well worth the drive. Those burbot are NASTY. They are even worse when skinning them. However, to my surprise, they are delicious! There isn't as much meat on them as you would think. A white, flaky, yummy meat that is great breaded and fried, or boiled and dipped in butter. :love:
bwhntr

by DallanC » Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:27 pm

I had planned to fish burbot this year for the first time but work just wont allow it. I spent summer getting additional gear ready for it in fact /sigh

Hopefully next year..!

-DallanC
DallanC

Return to Ice Fishing