[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3896)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3896)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3896)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4788: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3896)
UtahSportsmen.com • View topic - Your Forum Name and Hail From???

Your Forum Name and Hail From???

Discussions that don't fit in other topics

Your Forum Name and Hail From???

by k2muskie » Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:51 pm

How did you come by choosing your forum name? For us both our first names start with a K and well I'm sure you know our passion is fishing for Tiger Muskies...hence K2muskie.

Uncle Sam brought us to Utah (1993) and here we retired from the USAF at HAFB. I'm orginally from Northern Illinois right on the Wisconsin border...Antioch to be exact. Partner hails from Watertown, South Dakota. So are you a Utah Native or a transplant to this wonderful state???

;) ;)
We never get skunked...its the fish that get skunked they just keep missing our lures....
k2muskie

Re: Your Forum Name and Hail From???

by bwhntr » Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:39 am

Years ago when we had the DWR forum, I tried to pick the name Bowhunter. Since that is one of my passions. The name was already taken, so I chose to spell it with no vowels.
bwhntr

by Huntoholic » Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:50 am

As I have grown older I find more pleasure in the hunt then I do in what I'm hunting for. Hence "Huntoholic".

Grew up in the military (Navy). Didn't arrive in Utah until my folks retired in the early 70's. Have always loved the outdoors, oceans to mountains. I like the changes in the season.
Huntoholic

by DallanC » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:13 am

My name is just my name. I live in Utah County, born and raised here.

Software engineer by trade, I own and run 1 other website named HuntingNut.com which is more reloading and Ballistics Software oriented. That site I originally started just to own my own email domain I could have full control over... then I wrote some ballistics software for guns and shared it with a few people. They made suggestions which I implemented and more people became aware of it, more suggestions, more iterations... 14 years later its become a fairly snazzy piece of software, which is free to use.

-DallanC
DallanC

by bwhntr » Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:01 am

bwhntr

by Dunkem » Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:43 pm

The name Dunkem is partly from my last name (Duncan) and my love for fishing .I was born in Fillmore Ut. and lived in Meadow Ut. until I was 12 then moved to West Valley Ut.I am a mostly retired meat dept manager . Still work a little at Dans Foods in Olympus Hills,but just as a meat cutter,no more fighting with corp. big wigs :fence: .I am getting back into some upland bird hunting this year which I have not done in years(except for a few doves last year).Gave up the big game years ago,just got to much stuff to go through. Now the wife and I go after them with a camera.We are planning to spend our "golden years" traveling ,golfing, fishing,and just enjoying the outdoors

Good idea K2 :!:
Dunkem
Dunkem

Return to General Chat