[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3896)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3896)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3896)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4788: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3896)
UtahSportsmen.com • View topic - Ouch...Attack of the Chain Link Fence

Ouch...Attack of the Chain Link Fence

Discussions that don't fit in other topics

Ouch...Attack of the Chain Link Fence

by k2muskie » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:10 am

Contains one graphic photo

Well Sunday evening after a good rain but much needed decided to wipe water off front boat cover as it has a tendency to puddle on the corners. Now mind you I've done this I don't know how many times in the past. This time the fate fairy arrived and unfortunately the top of my right foot was under the chain link fence when I went to step up on trailer. YIKES :banghead: :o :shock:

So for a perspective on parking arrangements on the side of house RV slab.

Boat with Trailer behind and proxmity to fence:

photo-4.JPG

Bottom of fence:

photo-5.JPG

Result of the top my right foot not being where I wanted it to be (kinda a graphic photo). Now after getting the bleeding to stop with direct pressure and elevated probably needed stitches but just used our years of buddy care training in military took care of the issue. Yesterday morning I drove to HAFB for Tetnaus shot as I couldn't remember when I had one last.

photo-2.JPG

Using butterfly strips

photo-1.JPG

Final bandages applied

photo-3.JPG

Needless to say a very valuable lesson learned and I WILL BE DOING SOMETHING with the fence in this area.
We never get skunked...its the fish that get skunked they just keep missing our lures....
k2muskie

Re: Ouch...Attack of the Chain Link Fence

by DallanC » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:22 am

Ouch! Bend'em more over toward your neighbors house :)

When I was young a friend of the family hopped over a shorter fence and caught his ring on the top, nearly tore his finger off. Ever since then I've hated chain link fences. They will get you when you least expect it!

Glad they got you patched up, its an annoying place to have a injury but with summer you can wear flipflops while it heals.

-DallanC
DallanC

by Dunkem » Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:06 pm

:yuck: Ouch :!:
Dunkem
Dunkem

by k2muskie » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:25 am

Well decided to take a peek last night and let the wound air for a couple hours. Looks to be healing okay. Still a little red in areas but no real pain. Cleaned area again with alcohol wipe and hydrogen peroxide reapplied Neosporin and butterful stripes and covered with water proof bandaid. Thinking in another couple days will be nothing but a thing.

photo-7.jpg
We never get skunked...its the fish that get skunked they just keep missing our lures....
k2muskie

by Dunkem » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:02 am

Looking better! 8-)
Dunkem
Dunkem

by k2muskie » Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:48 pm

On the mend...looking good by us...been watching it keeping it covered and cleaned and also airing it for a little bit...will be a battle scar I'm sure... :fence: :fence:

100_1562.JPG
k2muskie

by DallanC » Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:45 pm

Tell your friends a monster muskie got in the boat and tore you up! Makes for a much better story! :D

-DallanC
DallanC

Return to General Chat