Interesting web page. Glad to join

Discussions that don't fit in other topics

Interesting web page. Glad to join

by pezvela » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:26 am

I found the link here and decided to register and join. Although there isn't much action on the pages yet, I believe there will be a bright future as time goes by.
I am prone to ramble, but when this bitter cold is gone and I am on the water once again I will post my activity. A little about myself: First and foremost, I am a fisherman having crossed the globe many times in search of the denizens of the salt water. I am retired, closer to 70 than 60 which slows me down and limits what I can do. I am a USCG licensed 100 ton master Captain and a fishing guide.
For the last year I have devoted my energy and finances to building a 35 foot pontoon boat designed to fish wounded warriors and individuals with disabilities. The boat, called, "Freedoms Dream" can accommodate 6 wheelchairs and/or a total of 16 plus captain and mate. We have a non-profit corporation in place to fund the boat as no one who served our country or has a disability will ever pay to be aboard the boat.
Freedom dream will be slipped at Provo Boat Harbor on a permanent basis, but can be moved anywhere on the state where there might be a need for her services. From there, (Utah Lake) and where ever she might be fishing, I will post her activities and pictures. I hope to meet you on the water. Warmest regards and good fishing. Captain Steve Henline, Hand in Hand Outdoors LLC.
http://www.handinhandoutdoors.org
pezvela

Re: Interesting web page. Glad to join

by DallanC » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:16 pm

Welcome to the site. That boat sounds fantastic for our vets and I am humbled to hear people that dedicate the time and effort to get our vets out there.

You mention fishing across the globe, where is your favorite place to salt-water fish?

-DallanC
DallanC

Return to General Chat