Site Suggestion? Problems? Comments? Post here

Find a problem? Want to see a new forum or feature added? Post it

Re: Site Suggestion? Problems? Comments? Post here

by dubob » Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:25 am

After a cursory search of the site while logged in, I couldn’t find the standards of conduct (rules) for posting. They are displayed and must be agreed to during the registration process. I would suggest that they should also be available to members logged in as a reference that can be cut and pasted as needed.
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I’m 75 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
“Free men don't ask permission to bear arms.”
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don’t mind.”
dubob

by Administrator » Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:30 am

k2muskie wrote:Tried posting photos in a fishing report and currently it appears 3 attachments is the limit. Will this be adjusted to post more than 3 photos?

Nice catch, it was set at the default of 1. I increased this to 25, as sometimes people want to post alot of scenic pictures of a trip. I also bumped up the max file size feature a tad as out web hosting account gives us a crazy amount of server space.
Administrator
Site Admin
Site Admin

Site Suggestion? Problems? Comments? Post here

by dubob » Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:52 pm

Here's another request. Is it possible to allow a member to set a default font, font size, and font color for posting instead of the current method of setting all of these each and every time we post something? For instance, I generally use Comic Sans MS at 130 and use a maroon color. It would be very nice to be able to set all of that as my default for all my postings. There doesn't appear to be any way to select Comic Sans MS here. 8-)
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I’m 75 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
“Free men don't ask permission to bear arms.”
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don’t mind.”
dubob

by Administrator » Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:04 pm

dubob wrote:After a cursory search of the site while logged in, I couldn’t find the standards of conduct (rules) for posting. They are displayed and must be agreed to during the registration process. I would suggest that they should also be available to members logged in as a reference that can be cut and pasted as needed.

A offical ruleset is being worked on, should be available for discussion very soon.
Administrator
Site Admin
Site Admin

by Administrator » Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:10 pm

dubob wrote:Here's another request. Is it possible to allow a member to set a default font, font size, and font color for posting instead of the current method of setting all of these each and every time we post something? For instance, I generally use Comic Sans MS at 130 and use a maroon color. It would be very nice to be able to set all of that as my default for all my postings. There doesn't appear to be any way to select Comic Sans MS here. 8-)

I've researched this after you posted the request. Default software doesnt support it, however there is a mod to allow a user to automatically insert code in the beginning, and end of his post. This code could be font setting. I will install the mod and make sure it works ok and does what you want, but it sounds like this indeed is possible.

More info to follow.
Administrator
Site Admin
Site Admin

by k2muskie » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:56 pm

Administrator wrote:
k2muskie wrote:Tried posting photos in a fishing report and currently it appears 3 attachments is the limit. Will this be adjusted to post more than 3 photos?

Nice catch, it was set at the default of 1. I increased this to 25, as sometimes people want to post alot of scenic pictures of a trip. I also bumped up the max file size feature a tad as out web hosting account gives us a crazy amount of server space.

Still trying to post a fishing report and it won't let me add more than 3 photos.

Here is what I get when trying to add a 4th photo...

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (73.69 KiB) Viewed 2443 times
We never get skunked...its the fish that get skunked they just keep missing our lures....
k2muskie

by DallanC » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:41 pm

Example pictures! Excellent!

Oddly the setting reverted back to 3... I had changed it but something went fubar. I made a test post in the photography section with 5 attachments and it worked fine.

-DallanC
DallanC

by k2muskie » Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:51 am

DallanC wrote:Example pictures! Excellent!

Oddly the setting reverted back to 3... I had changed it but something went fubar. I made a test post in the photography section with 5 attachments and it worked fine.
-DallanC

Had to make 2 posts as I couldn't add an 11th photo in the first post. Came up with the same error stating now 10 is the maximum. It appears pics are cutoff and you have to click on them to expand. Is there anyway to adjust so you don't have to click and get the expand window? I resize to like 600x480...

Thanks DallanC... :) :)
We never get skunked...its the fish that get skunked they just keep missing our lures....
k2muskie

by Administrator » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:15 am

Increased to 25 pictures allowed per post.

As for the size, its supposed to be making a thumbnail, not cropping it. It made the thumbnail just fine when I posted gallery links to pictures I uploaded.

If attachments get to be a pain, I can create user albums in the gallery you can upload to, then link here.
Administrator
Site Admin
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Website Problems or Suggestions