Embedding Videos

Find a problem? Want to see a new forum or feature added? Post it

Embedding Videos

by k2muskie » Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:48 am

Is there anyway to embed videos instead of using the hypelink way. I tried embedding the code and selected the youtube button but it didn't work. I've embedded videos on other sites so I think I have it figured out but I just couldn't figure it out on this site. Thanks for the help.
We never get skunked...its the fish that get skunked they just keep missing our lures....
k2muskie

Re: Embedding Videos

by DallanC » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:20 pm

I will look into this, you are just embedding in a youtube link?

-DallanC
DallanC

by k2muskie » Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:19 am

Like when I post the video on the other forum it shows the video and you just click on the video picture and it starts playing the video.
We never get skunked...its the fish that get skunked they just keep missing our lures....
k2muskie

by DallanC » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:24 pm

Ok, the old link worked... but it was not intuative as to what it was looking for. The [youtube][/youtube] macro was looking for just the ID of the youtube video, not the entire link. I can understand why this is confusing... and I also see users wanting to post links via both just the ID as well as by the entire link.

So, I have altered the command name for the old one to be more intuative, and added a new command to support posting entire links. I think these changes should be sufficient but if not let me know and I can make some changes.

[youtube_By_ID][/youtube_By_ID] Use this comand if you have the ID of the youtube link. This is the portion of the link after the "v=" and is usually 11 or 12 characters long.

[youtube_By_Link][/youtube_By_Link] Use this command if you want to post a youtube video via the entire link.

Let me know if there are any questions.

-DallanC
DallanC

by k2muskie » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:26 am

Thanks DallanC next report I post of hopefully an awesome outing to the hard deck far north and if we have good video footage I'll try doing what you recommended.
k2muskie

Return to Website Problems or Suggestions