[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3896)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3896)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3896)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4788: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3896)
UtahSportsmen.com • View topic - How goes the hunt?

How goes the hunt?

Questions and Discussion about Muzzleloading Firearms and Components

How goes the hunt?

by DallanC » Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:56 pm

Havent heard much at all from muzzleloader hunters... there are a TON of hunters in the hills this year, way way more than in years past. Really surprised! Normally in some of my areas I'd be the only person there.

Deer numbers seem slightly higher, saw two bucks, one in the morning I had no shot on and one in the evening I took home with me. I had my 11 year old with me and was teaching him how deer act, where to find them and wouldnt you know... a buck was exactly where I said they would be behaving exactly as I was telling him. Kindof amusing actually. Center-punched him at 60 yards and it was a short drag downhill to the road. Got him all processed, vaccum packed and in the freezer.

Mountains are sure purty this year! The cool weather is really nice, deer are staying alot more active.

-DallanC
DallanC

Re: How goes the hunt?

by bwhntr » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:34 am

The best I can tell...The temps are great, and the colors are amazing...however, that DAMN moon!!! :twisted:
bwhntr

by DallanC » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:38 am

DallanC

by bwhntr » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:02 am

I took a hunter up for the opener. We were socked in with fog (over 10,000') for a couple hours. When it cleared we did see a few bucks. Maybe a half dozen 20"-23" 4 points wandered through and that was about it. He decided to leave the hunt and play at the dunes. :lame: Others in our party are not seeing the deer we usually see. I think they are mostly playing all night. Oh well. Still nice to get out.
bwhntr

Return to Muzzleloaders