[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3896)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3896)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3896)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4788: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3896)
UtahSportsmen.com • View topic - Woke up with "the bug"

Woke up with "the bug"

Questions and Discussion on Reloading for Firearms

Woke up with "the bug"

by DallanC » Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:03 pm

On the way home last night I noticed the leaves starting to turn. Fall is coming, coming soon!

For whatever reason I woke up this morning and just wanted to reload. I've been putting off working up some new loads for my 7STW using 160grn Accubonds. I dug out my 7STW brass, found a dozen never fired ones and about 150 once fired brass. Tossed the new brass in the tumbler while I went looking through my powders. I've tried a bunch of powders in that barrel burner over the years: H1000, RL19,RL22, RL25... oddly I've never tried 7828 in it. Books show its pretty popular in that caliber. Well as I'm starting from scratch anyway, I figured what the heck! No time like the present to try a new powder as well.

I stopped off at Cabelas while the brass was tumbling and bought some 7828. Huh, theres a ton of 4350 sitting there... maybe I'll reload up some 100grn partitions for my wifes .243 as well! Bought a can of that as well. Returned home and got things ready. Brass is still tumbling but its almost done... not sure what it is that is so fun about reloading but it sure can be! I dont get out to shoot as often as I used to, so I dont reload all that often anymore, but every so often the bug just hits and its time to reload :) I'll do several small batches of both STW and .243 for later testing... but I've always had great luck with .243's, they seem to like most anything fed into them.

Any other reloaders?

-DallanC
DallanC

Re: Woke up with "the bug"

by RBoomK » Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:21 pm

I reload, but only enjoy it when I'm experimenting with small batches. I will really enjoy turning out large batches as soon as I invest in a decent powder thrower, because I'm burned out on trickling every charge!
RBoomK
Lurker
Lurker

Re: Woke up with "the bug"

by DallanC » Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:16 pm

DallanC

Return to Reloading