26 Nosler???

Questions and Discussion on Firearms, Sights, Shooting etc

26 Nosler???

by DallanC » Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:00 am

Check this out... looks like a preview of something neat to come. Dunno how the 26 works into it, but I'm interested to see what it ends up being.

www.26nosler.com/

-DallanC
DallanC

Re: 26 Nosler???

by Loke » Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:17 pm

Ok. Where is the "Yawn" emoticon? Another faster, flatter, better, never been done before a hundred times cartridge. A shortened UltraMag case necked to .264/6.5mm. I don't see it setting the world on fire. After you buy the rifle, make sure to reload, and buy up about 1000 cases. This is the same advice I was handing out about the WSM and WSSM cartridges. By the way, anyone know where I can get some brass for a 25 WSSM?
Life was much more simple, back when I drank beer.
Loke
Lurker
Lurker

by DallanC » Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:33 pm

That brings up a great point about getting plenty of ammo for these new calibers. I'm still quite annoyed Remington has pretty much abandoned the 7STW. You just cannot buy Rem brand ammo anywhere and they dont have any plans to produce more.

I can see their desire to push people to the more expensive 7Ultra or whatnot... but why does that mean they have to stop full production on a caliber they were the first to call their own? At least brass is not completely uncommon, and I have several hundred I am still reloading through, still that ole crappy 7STW Corelock would shoot .75" out of my Win M70.

I used to reload as something fun to do... now I reload just so I even have ammo.

-DallanC
DallanC

by Loke » Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:21 pm

At least with a caliber like the STW you can reform other caliber brass to keep your rifle shooting. Any of the full length H&H cases will fill the bill.
8mm Mag, 300 Weatherby, and others will work as well. And If you wanted, it would be a simple matter to rebarrel to another caliber with the same case head dimensions. Not such an easy proposition with one of the short, fat cartridges with an odd case head.
Life was much more simple, back when I drank beer.
Loke
Lurker
Lurker

by DallanC » Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:41 pm

If I shot it more, and components got scarce I'd probably rebarrel to 7Mag with a 26" barrel. As is, it doesn't get shot enough to worry about. I have enough components to reload and last me the rest of my life in that caliber.

-DallanC
DallanC

Return to Firearms