Soooo.... kinda feel like I wasted my money

Questions and Discussion on Firearms, Sights, Shooting etc

Soooo.... kinda feel like I wasted my money

by Bax* » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:35 pm

I am well over $3k into a Grendel build and have a pretty cool rifle put together. But I am so insanely busy lately that I dont think that I am going to have time to shoot the dang thing and may end up selling it before I even fire one shot out of it.

Some days I really hate being a responsible grown up :banghead:
Bax*

Re: Soooo.... kinda feel like I wasted my money

by Cooky » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:06 am

It will sit a wait patiently until you are ready to play some more. On the other hand, I often build project guns just for the fun of building it.
Cooky

by Bax* » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:53 pm

Cooky wrote:It will sit a wait patiently until you are ready to play some more. On the other hand, I often build project guns just for the fun of building it.

That is really what this thing ended up being! I was so excited to put the darned thing together, and do it the way I want instead of buying some factory production rifle that isnt exactly what I wanted.

Now the fun is over since it is all put together :(

Once my brass comes in the mail, I may just throw it on KSL
Bax*

by DallanC » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:42 am

Why do you need to sell it? That looks like a great fun gun and caliber. Reloading for something custom like that in a semi-auto might be a tad more work but probably still more than worth it.

You need to at MINIMUM get'er out and shoot couple cloverleaf's!

-DallanC
DallanC

by Bax* » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:56 pm

Funny you ask Dallan

I have wanted a Blaser K95 for a loooooong time and I have the opportunity to buy one with a .308 and .243 barrel for a really good deal (compared to what you would normally pay for one). But I need to justify the $6k to do it. So this would pay for half of it right off the bat....
Bax*

by DallanC » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:58 pm

Ah, ok that makes sense. I've had that happen a couple times recently... trading new things for even better things! I hope you get the K95!

-DallanC
DallanC

by Cooky » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:07 pm

Well, your timing is good. Prices are going up.
If you get that Blaser be sure to do a review. I think most reviews, especially for pricier guns, are biased.
Cooky

by Bax* » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:42 pm

Cooky wrote:Well, your timing is good. Prices are going up.
If you get that Blaser be sure to do a review. I think most reviews, especially for pricier guns, are biased.

Agreed. I have shot several Blasers over the years and really enjoy shooting them. They are quite overpriced due to import taxes and sell for much less in Germany but since Blaser USA wont do any manufacturing in America, the price is ghastly.

I really like the idea of a fine single-shot rifle that is lightweight and simple to operate. Seems more sporting to me when I really need to make the first shot count as it is my only shot
Bax*

by DallanC » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:21 pm

Bax* wrote:I really like the idea of a fine single-shot rifle that is lightweight and simple to operate. Seems more sporting to me when I really need to make the first shot count as it is my only shot

+1 on the single shot rifle.

I grew up shooting a Rugar #1, my first rifle. I got *really* good with it as something mentally slows you down, as you know you have to make it count. Same thing when I was 11 and my dad got me a double barrel .410, but he only ever let me load up 1 barrel.I got crazy good with that thing... then I graduated to the 1100 and it all went down hil (fun factor increased dramatically though)

:)

-DallanC
DallanC

Return to Firearms