Old Jeeps

Trucks, Cars, Accessories, Questions and Discussions

Old Jeeps

by DallanC » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:10 pm

Those polaris Razor's and such are mighty fancy looking rigs, but does anyone still long for the days of an old CJ5 putting around in the hills? My boy is about to turn 12, was thinking about getting a decent CJ5 we could work on together for when he turns 16. Gives me plenty of time to find something, and lots of quality time teaching him how to take it apart, fix stuff and put her back together. Seems they are getting hard to find though, people chopping them up to make rock crawlers out of, kindof sad.

Growing up I remember we almost always had a Jeep around. '65 Willeys, '72 CJ4, '78 CJ5, '86 CJ7. The first thing I can ever remember driving was the '72 when I was 6 years old. My dad was hauling hay out of a small field, he stuck it in low range, 1st gear and showed me how to steer / stop. I drove it while he loaded hay on the trailer it towed. Man good fun times.

Those new fangled fancy rigs are nice, wish I had one... but I really think I want another CJ5. Having a heater on a cold morning isn't too shabby either.

Any other jeep fans?

-DallanC
DallanC

Re: Old Jeeps

by Makapo » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:57 am

Gotta love Jeeps, but I grew up with Toyota Land Cruisers. Earliest memories in the mountains and the desert are in Grandpa's old silver FJ-40 and Uncle Mike's FJ-60.
Makapo

Return to Trucks and Cars