cameras

Photography Pictures, Equiptment and discussion

cameras

by Dunkem » Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:08 pm

Looking for a new camera I hace a older kodak digital that works great for closer shots but looking for something for longer range shots. Thoughts :?:
Dunkem
Dunkem

Re: cameras

by DallanC » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:35 pm

So you have two options if you want to shoot at distance, a good camera with better lens's or you go with a digiscope alternative which allows you to shoot a simple point-and-shoot through an spotting scope.

Do you have a nice spotting scope? If so I would lean that way, I've done it successfully with point and shoots for some great pictures (my spotter isnt all that great either). If you want to go the camera with bigger lenses then it all depends on budget. These are getting great reviews:

http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/stores ... 001b22a2af

I personally like Canon products better due to exceptional customer service (they fixed a camcorder I have for free even though it was 2 years past warrenty... I emailed them about it as a few cameras had bad CCD's. They emailed back and said "Oh really? We want to see your unit" and sent free shipping. I sent it figuring it was toast but a week later it came back fully repaired with a apology for my troubles).

Point-and-shoots, look for OPTICAL zoom and high megapixels. Third you want fast image taking (some high megapixel camera have slower ISO speeds so some pictures get blurry... very important to have a fast ISO when taking zoomed pictures).

Love to hear what you end up with. My current camera is getting some age to it.

-DallanC
DallanC

by Dunkem » Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:18 am

Thanks Dallan, how do you know about the ISO part ? The ads dont seem to say much on that. thanks, :help: Brad
Dunkem
Dunkem

by DallanC » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:44 am

Just got an email that newegg.com (my favorite mail-order place) has cameras today 20% off with the following code: BTEJHHH22

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductLi ... -E0-_-DSLR

As for the ISO speeds, most newer cameras should be good... but you can usually dig up ISO speeds off the manufacturers websites. Also do some googling by searching on a camera's model number and the word "problem". If there are no hits, its a good camera. Sometimes you will find discussion on problems with a camera, those I avoid.

-DallanC
DallanC

by Dunkem » Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:56 pm

Liking the panasonic lumix there are 3 different ones I like so now got to figure out which is best for me.
Dunkem
Dunkem

by Dunkem » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:43 am

I got a canon of the shopping channel,nice camera but the wife dropped it and it quit working,called canon and they will replace it free,even told me to keep the memory card and they will ship whole new camera when I return this one.Good on ya Dallan for mentioning them. 8-)
Dunkem
Dunkem

by DallanC » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:24 pm

Canon customer service is awesome.

-DallanC
DallanC

by DallanC » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:29 pm

I should mention, we bought a Digitial SLR camera recently... got a great deal on it. Its a big camera and it came with a couple of lenses. We got a Nikon D5100 and it came with both a 18-55mm and 55-300mm zoom lens. Its pretty cool... I primarily got it for taking pictures in lower light, or indoors where flash is not an option. I ran some tests in my house and the difference in this new camera and my old Canon "Point and Shoot" is unbelievable. Really happy with it thus far. I hate to drag around a bag of camera equipment but we'll use this camera in specific cases and the point and shoot in the rest.

-DallanC
DallanC

Return to Photography