[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3896)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3896)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3896)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4788: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3896)
UtahSportsmen.com • View topic - Why do trailer tires rot so fast?

Why do trailer tires rot so fast?

Camping Gear and Equiptment

Why do trailer tires rot so fast?

by DallanC » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:01 pm

Had to replace all 4 camp trailer tires this year after finding out the hard way they were rotted (blew 2 in 3 miles on I15). I know its recommended you need to put sun shields on them but if you stop and think about it, you dont really do that for your automobiles do you? Are trailer tires just that much more inferior to automobile / truck tires or is it the lack of frequent movement that is hard on them?

-DallanC
DallanC

Re: Why do trailer tires rot so fast?

by dubob » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:31 am

[/color]
dubob

by DallanC » Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:28 pm

I still wonder about this. I just blew a tire on the dove hunt... pulled out the brand new spare that had been sitting under the truck for 8 years and stuck it on. It looked and behaved normal. If rotation of the tire flexed or moisturised the tire somehow, the spare wouldnt have had that... yet it looks new. Perhaps its the combination of sun + rotation. /shrug

Just noticed my atv trailer tires are leaking air... sheesh if I have to replace those, thats 12 tires this year along I'll have replaced. :banghead:

-DallanC
DallanC

by Dunkem » Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:27 pm

My truck does not get driven that much, and I had 2 tires that kept going down. I took it to the place I purchased them 5 years ago, and they fixed them for no charge. The problem was the seal on the tire to the rim had gotten rust or dirt between them and was losing air, they just wiped the rim and tire clean and they hokd air just fine. something that I would never thought of :!:
Dunkem
Dunkem

Return to Equiptment