[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3896)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3896)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3896)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4788: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3896)
UtahSportsmen.com • View topic - ducks

ducks

Discussions related to Waterfowl Hunting & Viewing

ducks

by Dunkem » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:19 pm

This will be my 1st time hunting ducks in 25 years.Everything that I read makes me nervous,seems like an elite group out there,and I think I will make an a## out of myself.Is there any areas that wont have a ton of hunters there?I dont have dekes or a dog,was thinking about trying some jump shooting where I can retrieve without a dog.Tooele area seems to have some isolated ponds and canals .Any help would be nice. :help:
Dunkem
Dunkem

Re: ducks

by DallanC » Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:33 pm

We're loading up the trailer right now. We hit high mountain lakes for the youth hunt, lots of ducks up high and easy to get at, PLUS GREAT FISHING! My boy got 6 ducks last year and a limit of trout on the youth opener.

Are you talking youth or general season? Youth wont be crazy crowded like the later open hunting season will be. If possible hunt during the week as its a lot less people out there.

-DallanC
DallanC

by Goldeneye » Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:10 pm

Tooele County will probably be a tough place to hunt waterfowl. I hunted the Fitzgerald WMA on the dove opener, and I was surprised at how many ducks I saw. They're probably gone by now though, but it might be worth a look. I've also heard there are some jump-shooting opportunities at Timpie Springs, but I don't know personally.

If you have some decoys, you could head to the shore of the Great Salt Lake in the general area of Saltair and the Great Salt Lake Marina.

Warning: If you're anywhere near the Marina, make sure you're not too close! There are signs along the road telling what areas are open and what areas are closed.

Hunting there can be good after everything freezes. I've never tried it before then.
Goldeneye
Lurker
Lurker

by dubob » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:13 am

[/color]
dubob

by DallanC » Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:23 pm

Yep, its been slow. We only hunt ducks on the youth day... thats been pretty fun. I hate eating them though so I'm only willing to choke them down once a year :rofl:

I hope to be posting a fishing report soon as well as a rabbit report (I have all next week off work) :D

-DallanC
DallanC

Return to Waterfowl