Good luck rifle hunters!

Questions, Stories, Pictures and Results for hunting Big Game

Good luck rifle hunters!

by DallanC » Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:10 pm

Tomorrow is the gen Deer opener, good luck to everyone going out. My wife has a tag so we are looking for that last buck of the year. Hope everyone stays safe and has fun.

-DallanC
DallanC

Re: Good luck rifle hunters!

by Dunkem » Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:50 pm

Be safe! :howdy:
Dunkem
Dunkem

Re: Good luck rifle hunters!

by DallanC » Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:46 pm

My wife was the only one with a tag. Had a couple chances this morning but wouldnt you know it, EVERY choice / decision we made was the worst one. Choose to walk on one side of a hill, kick out deer to people on the other. Send wife to the left, a herd of deer came running down the right etc etc. Everyone got shooting but us this morning.

Lots of people, well more than double last year.

Went back up this evening and immediately started seeing deer coming out to feed. Traveled across a few different points to glass and suddenly we stumble across a nice fat young buck that my wife drilled perfectly at 75 yards. It ran down out of sight and came to a stop less than 10 yards from a road. Gotta love that! Wife is happy, I'm happy I didn't have to drag something out of some deep canyon... I get to sleep in tomorrow... its an awesome day!

That makes 5 out of 6 tags filled, the final tag runs from now till jan 31st so that ones nearly guaranteed.Really need to consider a second freezer. :D

-DallanC
DallanC

Return to Big Game