[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3896)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3896)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3896)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4788: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3896)
UtahSportsmen.com • View topic - DOVES

DOVES

Questions & Discussion related to Small Game Hunting

Re: DOVES

by Greenhead 2 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:24 pm

I work out if state and will be gone most of next week, possibly even the weekend. Call and hive me an idea what day and time and I'll try to be around.
Greenhead 2
Lurker
Lurker

by DallanC » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:25 pm

I took my boy out to the west desert last year for his first ever dove hunt. Going to try to repeat it this year. The other youth hunts down there interest me greatly. Will you perhaps have a spring youth turkey hunt? I'd be super interest in something like that.

-DallanC
DallanC

by Greenhead 2 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:54 pm

I do plan on a turkey hunt but I have raccoons and fox really taking a toll on them. It will be limited, maybe one or two hunters is all. I have seen around a hundred birds at one time, then we'll see nothing for a couple weeks. They can dissapear pretty easy in the river bottoms if any of you want to hunt coons let me know, no fee for that. Calling them in looks like a blast.
Greenhead 2
Lurker
Lurker

by DallanC » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:58 pm

I've run them with dogs at night long ago, never tried calling them in before. In fact this is the first I've heard of it. Is it done in the day or at night?

I used to trap the heck of of them when I was a kid. Once the snow flew it was easy to walk a creek and see where they enter / exit on a regular basis. Wish you were closer or we'd come help thin the populations ;)

-DallanC
DallanC

by Dunkem » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:38 pm

Dunkem
Dunkem

by Dunkem » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:30 pm

Went out by Vernon,saw doves on alot of fences,1 coyote just below Vernon township. Drove up to the resevior,and man its low :!: was in my wifes SUV so did not have guns or tackle with me :oops:
Dunkem
Dunkem

Previous

Return to Small and Upland Game