[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3896)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3896)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3896)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4788: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3896)
UtahSportsmen.com • View topic - Chuckas!

Chuckas!

Questions & Discussion related to Small Game Hunting

Chuckas!

by Bax* » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:44 pm

How is everyone else doing with chuckers this year?

I sneaked out of work today and went for a little jaunt out West and saw a few and shot at a few, but Im a terrible shot lately and just scared them really good.

Saw a couple jacks and smoked one though. My dog was really mad that I wouldnt carry him home with me though. Every time I tried walking off from the dang bunny, my dog picked him up and carried him over to me. She wasnt impressed with my wasteful attitude I guess.
Bax*

Re: Chuckas!

by bwhntr » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:01 am

Chukar and Hun numbers having been pretty good up North this year. We are moving lots of coveys with birds of 30+. The biggest change from last year I have noticed is very few young birds. Most all are older mature birds, not many from this season.
bwhntr

by DallanC » Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:48 pm

I saw Huns in the hills above Cabelas! Kindof blew me away but they were absolutely huns. There are a few places up above Micron that are "islands" of Country ground which is legal to hunt in. Its kind of hard to explain to the Draper cops though you arent hunting in draper limits as you hike down into or out of those areas though.

Love them chuckers... and yes, they are DARN hard to hit. They always wait till you are so oxygen deprived you can barely stand before flushing. :)

-DallanC
DallanC

by Bax* » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:55 pm

I wish I knew more about huns. Never been hunting them and dont know what to look for, but they are on my bucket list of birds
Bax*

by bwhntr » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:21 am

bwhntr

Return to Small and Upland Game