[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3896)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3896)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4787: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3896)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4788: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3896)
UtahSportsmen.com • View topic - Pheasant Opener

Pheasant Opener

Questions & Discussion related to Small Game Hunting

Pheasant Opener

by Bax* » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:01 pm

I never thought I would see the day that I missed opening morning of the pheasant hunt, but this Saturday is going to be the first morning that I will have missed in years!

My daughter has her very first soccer game and I wouldnt miss it for the world. She had her first practice two days ago and it was pretty funny watching a bunch of 4 year old kids chasing the ball around and acting utterly clueless about why they were there. I cant wait to see if they figure out how to make a goal Saturday!

Luckily I will be going out Saturday afternoon, but it still stinks that I am missing the opener :(
Bax*

Re: Pheasant Opener

by duneman101 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:41 pm

Bax, i'd be happy to go to your opening morning spot and dispatch of any pesky ditch parrots for you! 8-)

Let me know.
duneman101

by Bax* » Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:18 pm

I wish pheasants weren't so few and far between in this state. If that were the case, I would gladly send you down to my secret spot
Bax*

by DallanC » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:54 pm

I got spoiled in the 80's with friends of my dad having 18,000 acres around Utah lake. Pheasant hunting was spectacular. Its all developed now... doubtful a pheasant lives within miles of the place.

Wish there was anywhere decent to hunt them but you might as well be asking for the location of Cortez's gold mines as a good pheasant spot in side Utah heheh.

-DallanC
DallanC

by bwhntr » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:37 pm

bwhntr

by DallanC » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:32 pm

Congratulations! What kind of shotgun was she using? Always cool to see the youth get involved, especially girls!

-DallanC
DallanC

by bwhntr » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:04 am

bwhntr

by DallanC » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:27 am

DallanC

by bwhntr » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:05 am

Very cool. My daughter is actually a lefty, but fortunately she shoots right.
bwhntr

by Bax* » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:33 pm

Ended up having a fun opener.

I didnt shoot one single shot, but saw lots of hens and a couple roosters. More than anything I just enjoyed being out in the nice weather, but I do kinda wish that I would have at least taken a shot out of the ol Citori
Bax*

Next

Return to Small and Upland Game